Please remember, if you can't find the information you require, At BlindsDepot we're available 6 days a week on freephone 0800 707 6658 to answer any questions you may have.
- Q. How quickly will I receive my blinds?
- A. All orders placed before 12.00 noon will generally be delivered 5 working days later - so if you order your blinds at 10.00am on Tuesday you will normally receive them the following Tuesday and so on. Remember that our carriers will require a signature so if you're not likely to be there then you might consider having the order sent to an alternative address such as a neighbour or your place of work.
- Q. What is the difference between your wooden blinds and why are some cheaper than others?
- A. Firstly it's important that you know we never compromise on quality but we do like to offer you the the best possible range of blinds at the best possible prices. Our lower priced blinds are still of a much higher quality than many of our competitors but are usually available in a much smaller range of colours and finishes. Because we save a huge amount of money by buying the most popular ranges in larger quantities we can pass on these savings on to you. If you require something a little different or more exclusive (such as our luxurious ladder tapes) then you'll need to pay that little bit extra.
- Q. Do you supply traditional 'spring loaded' roller blinds?
- A. In a word 'no'. All our roller blinds come with the more modern and reliable sidewinder controls. Because we guarantee all our blinds for 12 months it's important that we make sure they'll last that long and unfortunately spring loaded roller blinds are notoriously unreliable.
- Q. What type of brackets do you supply?
- A. The majority of our blinds come with universal brackets which can be used for face or top fixing. Vertical blinds are supplied with both types of bracket.
- Q. Do all fitting instructions come with the blinds?
A. Fitting instructions are available for immediate download by clicking on the link to the right hand side of this page and therefore we do not unnecessarily use paper by sending them with the blinds as well.
- Q. Do you offer a measuring and fitting service?
A. We do not offer this service as we do not feel it can be provided economically. Following the instructions on our web site is so simple that anyone can measure and fit their own blinds so why waste time and money getting someone else to do it for you?.
- Q. Can we purchase parts and fittings separately?
- A. We only sell complete made to measure blinds but if you've already got our blinds and have lost or damaged any fittings or brackets then we'll supply these free of charge.
- Q. How do I measure bay windows or conservatories?
- A. Please call us on 0800 707 6658 and we'll be happy to help. All bays and conservatories are very different so it's important that we speak to you before offering advise on measuring.
- Q. What 'working tolerances' do you deduct if I select recess measurement?
- A. We'll generally deduct around 1.5cm from the width of your recess. This ensures a snug fit.
- Q. Can I put 2 blinds in 1 recess?
A. Yes. We'd recommend that you deduct a total of 1cm from each blind and select Exact measurement.
- Q. Can I fit a wooden blind in my bathroom or kitchen?
A. The answer depends on how close the blind will be to your sink/bath/shower and on the amount of condensation and humidity the blind will be subjected to. Our wooden slats are treated to avoid cracking and warping but there is only so much we can do with a natural product of this nature.